You are here: Home Spiritualists International Magazine Katy Simmone Seven Ways to Connect With Your Intuition
Your intuition is your divine guidance and connection to your Higher Self, your all-knowing, complete self. It is your personal GPS system to help you navigate through your life. It helps keep you on your life path. IT SPEAKS IN A SOFT, QUIET VOICE. Because it is subtle, we often miss it or don’t feel like we hear it clearly. Your intuition comes from your heart, solar plexus area, your tactile awareness and in between your thoughts.
The following techniques will help you to connect to your intuition:
The following are high vibrational thoughts:
2) Meditate daily - Even short periods of time are beneficial. Start with 5 minutes a day if you have difficulty meditating. Choose a meditation style that you are comfortable with. There are many different types. It can be an open eyed meditation with focus on a single object such as a burning candle, mandala, flower or other nature object. Other types include closed eye meditation, and active meditation. Meditations can incorporate breathe work, repeating a mantra or sound toning. Do your meditations at times of day convenient and that work best for you, where you won’t be rushed.
Do not get discouraged or frustrated if you find your mind wandering during the meditation. Gently bring it back to the present moment. During meditation, you are realigning with your life purpose and also stilling your mind so that you can hear the quiet voice of your intuition.
3) Ask for help in connecting with your intuition – This can be done telepathically during your meditations or in moments of stillness. Ask for assistance from your Higher Self and those consciousnesses that you are comfortable in calling for help, whether you refer to them as Creator, Divine Source, the All-Being, etc… These beings are there for you to support and guidance you.
You can also ask for guidance from your Guardian Angels and etheric Master Guides of Light and Love to help you connect to your intuition. These are beings that exist in higher dimensional frequencies that we cannot readily detect with our physical senses. Do not worry if you don’t feel that you have a conscious connection with them. Have faith and trust that your request for help is being delivered through your heartfelt intention.
4) Learn to quiet your “monkey mind” throughout your day - Learn to become aware of your thoughts & self-talk. Have fewer thoughts during the day so that you can hear your intuition, which again speaks very softy. You do this by having present moment awareness of your surroundings and physical self. This gets you out of you head and out of thought generation.
A daily meditation practice also helps to reduce the number of your thoughts over the long run. Science has shown that the average human being has anywhere from 60,000-90,000 thoughts a day. When you decrease the number of your thoughts, you will hear your intuition in the pauses between your thoughts.
5) Shift out of your egoic, lower vibrational thoughts – Become aware of your ego and notice when it is in play. This requires becoming mindful. Your ego is very loud, dominating, and forceful. Your egoic feelings, due to their low level of frequency, create blocks, constraints & noise in your energetic anatomy, thus affecting your direct connection to your intuition.
When you sense or know you are in ego, acknowledge your feelings. Do not deny, repress or suppress them. Do not pretend that you are feeling “hunky dory” when you are not. This will not serve you well. Therefore, be authentic to your feelings. Over time, blocking these feelings can cause harm within your energetic body and may result in a decrease in your physical health as well.
After acknowledging your egoic feelings, work on shifting out of them by seeing the situation from an objective perspective without emotionality and/or with gratitude. This will create a beneficial release and healing for your well-being. This also keeps your energetic pathways clear so that you can hear the quiet voice of your intuition and directly connect to it.
Following are some examples of lower vibrational egoic feelings and thought patterns:
6) Practice using your intuition daily! –Your intuition is like a muscle that needs to be worked. Like so many other things in life, the more you practice, the better you will become at it. Whenever possible, when you need to make a decision, use your intuition. Start doing this practice even for the most mundane of activities and with every daily decision.
7) A Step-by-Step Process to Receive Intuitive Guidance
Examples of How to Use Your Intuition Daily
Following are some practical situations in which you can practice tuning into your intuition:
Keep tuning into your intuition daily!
Three Quick Important Messages From The Magazine!
1. Your comments really matter in this community, so speak your mind below.
2. Should any ad above or beside this article authentically catch your attention, be sure to click and explore it. Our partners and affiliates through Google are placed here for your benefit and convenience. Looking into these ads is a wonderful way to keep the lights on at Spiritualists International Magazine.
3. We invite you to look deeper, and peruse what the L*B*T offers its Advanced and Unlimited Members by clicking the “Join Us” tab, or right here!